9.17.2012

Inspired by... Psalms


I was an RA in my dorm a few years back and lead Bible study for our hall. For most of the first semester we focused on praising God for all that he does. Each week we studied a few different psalms. One week the "homework" assignment was to create your own psalm. You could use the format of any of the psalms in the Bible, but it had to be your own words. I came across these on my computer today and thought I would share. The first one is the Psalm I shared with the girls in my hall, and the second one is another one I wrote around that same time. 2009 ~ Fall-ish.



Oh God, my God
When you formed my heart,
you knew from the start
that you wanted me to be yours.

You know me inside-out
but did I waste my breath to shout:
“Reveal yourself to me!”?

I’ve found that there’s no place
that I can hide my face,
so show yourself to me.

It’s hard to believe
you change the color of leaves
from green to red to their golden hue

They say you created it all,
but who am I to fall
in love with nothing to be seen?

I turned to walk away,
but you held me back to say:
“You are mine.”

Abba, my daddy
When I first met you,
without a doubt I knew
I was far away from home.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 


Your hand is in the stars
From the rising to the setting sun
You’re busy, but still you know
Each and every move I make

You know right where I am
And I am never alone

You look into my heart and know
When I live like Christ and when I don’t
You know when I am near or far,
When I sin and when I repent

You know right where I am
And still you love me

In Christ, you see me
As perfect and complete
As a child who needs a father
You desire what’s best for me

You know right where I am
And you call me your daughter

Lead me in your grace
And use me for your glory
Lord, place your song into my heart
I want to live for you

You know right where I am
And will teach me your ways

No comments:

Post a Comment