5.14.2012

Teacher! Teacher! Will I ever be teacher?


It’s very likely that Anthony and I will be moving to Gold Beach here in the near future, so I have been applying for teaching jobs in the area… and let me tell you there aren’t many {but there really aren’t many anywhere}. I have already been rejected for a district ESL position and await to hear about a 2nd grade teaching position. I have had some luck with middle school though.

I recently had a Skype interview for a 6th grade part-time math position. I think it went relatively well, but it’s hard to say because I was unable to see them {they could see me though}. Technology... technology. I know I am probably one of the least experienced of all their applicants so I am not expecting to be on the top of their list, however I do have confidence that I am a great teacher and a good candidate for the job. I was expecting to hear from them last week, but hadn’t yet so I gave them a call this afternoon. Good news!

The part-time position I interviewed for has actually changed to a full-time position. Yay! They didn’t forget about me! There is a new application open for a couple of weeks so I re-applied. However, it’s likely that since it is full-time they will have quite a few more applicants. I hope to receive another call from the middle school. Until then, I will nervously wait. I guess that’s what it’s like for any teacher these days. 
Wait. wait. wait.

Please pray that something works out… as much as I love subbing, I don’t want to do it forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment