5.06.2012

Listening

Ecclesiastes 5:1-2
Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong.


Do not be quick with your mouth,
   do not be hasty in your heart
   to utter anything before God.
God is in heaven
   and you are on earth,
   so let your words be few


When I spend time with the Lord, my time in prayer is often filled with praises and requests. The whole time is just me talking to Him. 

This is a good reminder that when I have my quiet time, I can actually be quiet. When I think about my relationships with other people I know that I do about 50% of the talking and 50% of the listening. In fact I often listen more than I talk. Shouldn't it be the same when I spend time with my Lord? 


Lord, help me to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment